April 13th – April 25th, 2018
Join David Less, Anna Less, and the Peacemakers of the Abrahamic Reunion in the Holy Land for an unforgettable and powerful journey of hands-on, participatory, volunteer peace-building in the Holy Land. The Abrahamic Reunion – a group of Jewish, Muslim, Christian, and Druze peacemakers – are offering a week of events called Healing the Heart of the Holy Land, which this tour will support and be part of.
This tour will participate in and support Healing the Heart, offering an intimate experience of multi-faith peace-building, solidarity, and healing work, and give you a chance to bring your own prayerful heart, compassionate glance, kind actions, and healing insight to support and help the transformation of separation into friendship. Everyone on this tour will be part of the process of building peace in the Holy Land – your participation and support of the peacemakers will help to make this vision of peace a reality and there will be hands-on ways each day we will engage peace-building.
In addition, the tour will take several days to visit sacred locations to all faiths, meet peacemakers and religious leaders individually, and enjoy the beauty, atmosphere, nature, and powerful spiritual resonance of the Holy Land in Jerusalem, the Galilee, and the beaches of Tel Aviv.
Daily meditations, practices of different religious and spiritual traditions, and group sharing ∓ processing circles will round out the spiritual container for the important work being done on this journey.
Peace, Salaam, Shalom – May peace prevail in the Holy Land and the Earth.A note on the Healing the Heart in the Holy Land Programs:
These programs are currently being organized and the exact order of the programs will be available soon. Programs to be included:
- Healing Peace Journey with 100+ Israelis and Palestinians & the Peacemakers to pray with and offer comfort and connection to victims and those who have suffered loss in the conflict – Jews, Muslims, Druze, Christians, Bedouins
- Healing Peace Journeys with the Peacemakers, as above, but without soe many participants from Israel & Palestine
- 1-day Young Peacemakers Training Program – the AR group will support this event
- Women’s Peace Retreat – female tour participants are invited to join this event
- Regional AR Events involving local peacemakers, leaders, and local interreligious peace councils in East Jerusalem, Shefar’am, Nazareth, the Negev, and the West Bank. (These will be incorporated as part of the healing peace journeys, and as individual events at times).
- Abrahamic Reunion’s Peace Summit – Conference & Large Dinner of Peacemakers, peacebuilders, VIPs, and people from all the previous events
- Gifting Peace: Planting & Dedicated Olive Trees, Plaques, and Religious Gifts to those visited along the way
- Signs of Peace: the AR has created flags, stickers, and artwork to leave all around the Holy Land on the week of Healing the Heart of the Holy Land and those on the tour will take part in handing these out and hanging them up
Itinerary Subject to change at the guidance, need, or discretion of David Less Tours in coordination with the Abrahamic Reunion.
Price: $3980 – $5000 Sliding Scale
All funds over $4000 will go towards scholarships for younger participants and those not able to afford.
Morning Meditation with Shahabuddin David Less and sometimes other leaders each morning prior to breakfast unless otherwise arranged by trip leaders.
|Friday April 13||Group arrives to hotel the Old City of Jerusalem
Night in Jerusalem
|Saturday April 14||A Day of Preparation, Arrival, Retreat, & Context.
Getting the historical and spiritual context for the AR’s work from David Less, Dr. Anna Less, Sheikh Ghassan Manasra, and other AR Peacemakers, to more deeply understand and participate in what we’ll see, the conflict, the current situation. Some time to walk freely in the Old City of Jerusalem.
|Sunday April 15||A Day in the Divided Holy City of Peace:
Walking Spiritual, Religious, and Historical Tour of Jerusalem’s Old City: The Kotel, The Church of the Holy Sepulcher, The Old City
Night in Jerusalem
|Monday, April 16||A Day in the Conflicted Narrative:
Group Dual Narrative Tour of Hebron and the Tomb of the Patriarchs (where Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Rachel, Jacob, and Leah are buried, and the site is shared as both a Synagogue and Mosque, Israeli Access and Palestinian Access on two sides)with Eliyahu McLean.
Night in Jerusalem
|Tuesday, April 17||Healing the Heart of the Holy Land, Day 1|
|Wednesday, April 18||Healing the Heart of the Holy Land, Day 2|
|Thursday, April 19||Healing the Heart of the Holy Land, Day 3|
|Friday, April 20||Healing the Heart of the Holy Land, Day 4|
|Saturday, April 21||Sabbath
Day of spiritual relaxation, repose, reflection, discussion, meditation, and time spent in nature.
|Sunday, April 22||Healing the Heart of the Holy Land, Day 5|
|Monday, April 23||Healing the Heart of the Holy Land, Day 6
Abrahamic Reunion Peace Summit – Conference with Presentations, Trainings, Interreligious Dialogue & Encounter programs, Music, & Shared Meal: A Signature event by the Abrahamic Reunion
|Tuesday, April 24||Tour Group Debrief, Meditation, Relaxation|
|Wednesday April 25||Tour ends 12 Noon